Six weeks ago Rob Rawlings spent his days in sunny Queensland, climbing into hot roofs installing satellites.
One day he began to think…
“There must be a better way to earn a living”
Three and a half weeks later he had replaced his income and gone full-time as an Internet marketing consultant.
Before his success in consulting Rob had tried affiliate marketing. He was taking action, “doing all the right things”, but not seeing any results — and in his own words…
“I got to a desperate point.”
He liked the idea of Internet marketing, and he liked helping people, but affiliate marketing just wasn’t working.
Finally, he stumbled on to the Consulting Tycoon website, read every word of the salesletter, and invested in the program.
What happened next surprised him…
He got his first client (a 5-figure deal), from his first marketing campaign, 3 1/2 weeks after joining, and instantly replaced income.
The best part? He was out fishing when it happened!
Now Rob spends his days (when he’s not fishing) helping local businesses to get online and compete with the bigger boys.
He lives in a small town of 60,000 and is averaging 1 new client a week.
I got Rob to jump on Skype with me for a quick chat where he shares:
- The hardest part about getting started. (And how he overcame it.)
- How a walk in the bush with his girlfriend led to a breakthrough that made his business a runaway success within 3.5 weeks.
- What to look for in your ideal client so you don’t ever have to “sell” anything.
- How he gets clients using a unique combination of direct mail, email and video.
- What to do with clients who already have a website — they love this, it makes you look like a genius, and it brings you stable recurring income.
- His 5 critical pieces of advice for people just starting out in the consulting business.
My favorite part of this interview is when Rob talks about the freedom he now has…
“Structure your day around things you want to do… I want to have fun in my life! I want freedom!”
Rob is proof you can change your life very quickly if you find the right resources and take action towards your dreams.
Take a listen to the interview and let me know what you think.